- The managers and lifeguards have full authority in pool operations and they are authorized to enforce all the rules.
- Violators of rules can be expelled from pool premises.
- Grievances will be handled by the manager on duty.
- Appeals shall be written to the Board of Directors.
- Members and guests shall check in with the basket-room attendant upon EVERY entry, and are required to provide identification to the pool staff.
- Parents are responsible for the actions of their children, and shall instruct them to obey all rules.
- Abusive and obscene language will not be tolerated.
- Facilities and equipment shall not be damaged. The BMPA Board of Directors may assess the responsible member for damages.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed, and persons under the influence of alcohol shall be denied entry to pool areas.
- Tobacco products of any kind (including e-cigarette devices, chewing tobacco, cigarettes, & cigars) are not permitted on the premises.
- Illegal drugs are prohibited on the premises.
- Weapons of any kind are not permitted on the premises.
DISCIPLINE POLICY (Progressive)
- Verbal warning issued.
- Will be asked to sit out of pool.
- Will be asked to leave pool for the day. If applicable, a call to parents will be placed by pool manager.
- Manager and the Board of Directors will meet with parents to develop agreeable measures, if applicable.
- If an adult discipline issue arises, manager has the authority to ask him/her to leave the premises. If refusal occurs, LAPD may be called.
- At the discretion of the Board of Directors, member privileges may be suspended or revoked without reimbursement.
LAP SWIMMING GUIDELINES
In order to accommodate more than one lap swimmer per lane, please follow these guidelines:
- Advise the swimmer who is already in a lane that you want to join him/her.
- Circle swim, i.e. swim towards the green (+) marker and away from the red (-) marker at each end of the lane.
- It is considered polite that people already swimming invite others that are waiting to swim to join in.
- N.M. state law REQUIRES a soap shower before anyone enters the pool or wading pool.
- Anyone having a skin infection, respiratory ailment or communicable disease shall not enter the pool area.
- Swimsuits must be clean.
- Swimmers shall remove band aids, bandages, hair clips, and shall discard chewing gum before entering pool.
- Babies under 2-yrs. must wear water-proof swim diapers – NO EXCEPTION. The basket room will attempt to keep a limited supply on hand for sale.
- Spitting, spouting, and nose blowing in the pool are prohibited.
- Animals are excluded from the premises.
- Eating and drinking are restricted to the lounging area. Trash shall be deposited in the appropriate receptacles. (There are separate bins for plastic and aluminum).
- Swimming is prohibited in the absence of a lifeguard.
- Lifeguards do not watch the wading pool!
- Distracting the lifeguards on duty is prohibited.
- Running, pushing, dunking, dangerous horseplay, and any activity that endangers the safety of others are prohibited.
- An adult shall accompany AT ALL TIMES a small, non-swimming child in the pool, and ALL children in the wading pool.
- Non-swimming children using life-saving/floatation devices (such as a lifejacket) must be accompanied in the water by an adult at all times.
- For swimming children under the age of 10, a ratio of 1:5 adult per children is required.
- Children between the ages of 6 – 10 must be accompanied by an adult or a responsible individual who is at least 12 years of age or older. Children under the age of 6 must be accompanied by an adult or a responsible individual who is at least 15 years old.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the pool or lounge area.
- Only toys approved by the staff are permitted in the pool.
- Hanging on safety lines is prohibited.
- Large flotation devices are permitted in the pool only on Family Nights or during instruction periods, and at the discretion of the lifeguards. Smaller floatation devices used as swimming aides are permitted at the discretion of the guard on duty.
- In accordance with Red Cross recommendations, pool staff are required to have swimmers leave the pool in the event of lightning.
- When open, the diving area shall not be used for general swimming.
- Swimming across the diving area is prohibited.
- Diving is restricted to those having adequate swimming ability.
- Only one diver shall be on a board at a time.
- Each dive shall be straight forward from the end of the board.
- After a dive, the person shall immediately swim to the side of the pool.
- Upon request, the diving area may be opened at any time, except during lane swimming.
- Goggles are not to be worn when diving from the boards.
- When open, the slide area shall be clear of other pool members.
- Use of the slide is restricted to people having adequate swimming ability.
- Only one person can use the slide at a time (People shall not use the slide with a child on their lap).
- After using the slide, the person shall immediately swim away from the area below the slide.
- Goggles are not to be worn while using the slide.
- Adults shall not use the slide.
SHOWER, DRESSING & BASKET ROOM
- To conserve water and energy, showers should be limited to 3 cycles.
- Children over the age of 3 shall use the gender-appropriate dressing room.
- Horseplay in dressing rooms is prohibited.
- Basket room entry is restricted to employees.
- Congregation of persons at the basket room window is prohibited.
- Memberships can only be held by an individual or family, and cannot be used for business purposes.
- Any use of a membership in a business-like manner, whether implicit or explicit, is not permitted and will lead to the loss of the membership without reimbursement (including, but not limited to, selling guest passes, bringing in guests as part of an organization, camp, or daycare).
- A member is allowed to sell or rent their membership. Rentals are on an annual basis only. Each rental or sale transaction is the responsibility of the individual member. Please call contact the Membership Director for help with membership paperwork.
- If a member rents their membership to another individual/family, the member and family give up their privilege to use the pool for that season.
- The assessment and work deposit must be paid annually, even if the member will not be using the pool during the season.
- If your children will be accompanied to the pool by their regular babysitter, please list the babysitter on your membership form. The babysitter can only be admitted to the pool when in sole care of your children, and they may not bring any guests.